Sunday, March 24, 2013

Do you read PostSecret?

I sure do. And this week there was a very poignant secret for me...

Women all over suffer with issues like IGT, inability to make enough milk, and the simplicity of being uncomfortable breastfeeding for any number of reasons. For this to be this woman's secret is, I feel, a statement on our culture of mommy guilt. I too was relieved when my mourning started to wane. I felt like I was finally free. I could pass the baby to my husband to feed, I could feed her in about 20 minutes instead of an hour. I could see she was happy and full, and growing. What a relief!

Breastfeeding is not for everyone, for many, many reasons. And formula is a great substitute when it's all you have. I wish I could reach out to this mom and hug her. It's ok to be relieved. It's ok to be a bottle mom!

For the rest of this sundays secrets, visit www.postsecret.com

No comments:

Post a Comment