Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Goodbye 2909

In less than a week, we're moving. We'll finally be in a home that fits us, a home with a yard, with parking, with A/C. A home we've been waiting to move into for a year, a home we're excited to someday own.

There is no reason to not be excited. And yet every time I pick up a box or start planning our move... the panic sets in. I could not figure out what was going on... why did I have such a mental block about moving?

And last night it hit me. I'm going to miss this house. I've lived here for 3 and a half years... and they've been the most formative years of my life. I moved into this house a single mom, fresh from giving birth to my god-son. I started dating Mark here, we got engaged while living here... Bekah learned to read and write and started school. Charlie was almost born in this house, and has taken her first steps and giggled her first laughs in this home.

As much as we need more space, and a more modern, better situated house.... I'm in mourning. These last 3 years have been full of change and discovery... and I have to say goodbye.

Goodbye 2909. Goodbye to the only home Bekah remembers, and Charlie has ever known. Goodbye to the home where I had my first date with my husband. Goodbye to our first Christmas, and shoveling my car out, and the relighting of the damn furnace in the middle of December. Goodbye to the dance parties, the birthday parties, the slumber parties and the snuggle parties. Goodbye to the giant blanket fort and red front door.

Hello next step. Hello new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment